Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by rajivgandhi <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/08 06:03:54 UTC

Ignite Affinity Latency

Hi,
We are seeing higher latency form ignite affinity (single key)/compute
(multiple keys) of 7ms compared to get/getall 700 microseconds.

Is this as expected? Our implementation is based on the below examples:
https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/examples/datagrid/CacheAffinityExample.java

thanks & Regards,
Rajeev

Re: Ignite Affinity Latency

Posted by rajivgandhi <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Andrew.

The nos are an average (not 90+ percentile) over a period of 60 minutes!
We use the default deployment mode which is Shared.
We used 3 nodes M4.large instances. Throughput less than 200-300 TPS

1. Are the nos below your expectations?
2. Given the above, what changes are recommended?

thanks,
Rajeev

Re: Ignite Affinity Latency

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Answered in [1] thread.

[1]
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Affinity-Compute-latency-tt18028.html

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 9:03 AM, rajivgandhi <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> We are seeing higher latency form ignite affinity (single key)/compute
> (multiple keys) of 7ms compared to get/getall 700 microseconds.
>
> Is this as expected? Our implementation is based on the below examples:
> https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/examples/
> src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/examples/datagrid/
> CacheAffinityExample.java
>
> thanks & Regards,
> Rajeev

Best regards,