Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Rajasekaran, Vinoth (GE Healthcare)" <Vi...@med.ge.com> on 2006/03/01 15:28:53 UTC

Creating generic assembly descriptor

Hi,

I have a multi-project folders setup like

    root
        |_ sub-folder1
        |_ sub-folder2
        |_ sub-folder3
        |_ etc

Have a root pom.xml at the root folder level and in that I have defined
<plugin>
        <configuration>
            <descriptors>
                <descriptor>src/main/assembly/descriptor.xml
                </descriptor>
            </descriptors>
        </configuration>
</plugin>

Above descriptor works fine if I have defined a descriptor file on the
src/main/assembly folder for each sub-folder1, sub-folder2, etc.

Contents of the descriptor looks like
<assembly>
  <id>dep</id>
  <formats>
    <format>zip</format>
  </formats>
  <includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>
  <fileSets>
    <fileSet>
     <directory>sub-folder2/target</directory>

My questions are,
1. How I can define one default descriptor at common location for all
the sub-folders.
2. What modifications would be required for root pom.xml and how should
I go about creating the generic default descriptor.

Thanks in advance,
Vinoth