Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nael Mohammad <nm...@neomar.com> on 2001/01/23 21:51:47 UTC

RE: Cocoon 1.8.1 don't work java, error Publishing Engine could n ot be initializ

What is the naming conventions of what is a release and what's Beta?

Nael

Sorry about that, we'll release 1.8.2 ASAP, and this time I'll test it with
JDK 1.1!

Re: Cocoon 1.8.1 don't work java, error Publishing Engine could n ot be initializ

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
* Nael Mohammad (nmohammad@neomar.com) wrote :
> What is the naming conventions of what is a release and what's Beta?

I'm assuming you're asking if we run an odd-minor-version==devel scheme.
Nope. If its a release on the stable branch, it's stable. In theory.
Unfortunately, we slipped up with 1.8.1, and let some code slip through
the net that shouldn't have. 1.8.2 should be out Real Soon Now (really)
and should fix it. I can't emphasise enough that the more people help us
test this stuff *before* release, the better. The developers run various
combinations of kit, but the reality is that we can't run them all.

Paul.

RE: Cocoon 1.8.1 don't work java, error Publishing Engine could n ot be initializ

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Nael Mohammad wrote:

> What is the naming conventions of what is a release and what's Beta?

there isn't one. beta is whatever's in cvs at the time. anything numbered
is considered to be a production release. this ain't the linux kernel (not
that that's a shining example of consistency and sanity, what with stuff
like 2.4.0pre3ac11).

- donald