Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ruixiang Zhang <rx...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/24 02:34:52 UTC

Problem of results ordering

When I search "guitar center 94305", it gives the results:

guitar center guitar center Hollywood
guitar center 94305
guitar center 94305 location

But I want results to be like this:

guitar center 94305
guitar center 94305 location
guitar center guitar center Hollywood

How can I make the results that match all keywords come first?
Or how can I reduce the weight of the word that appears the second or more
time?

Thanks
Ruixiang

Re: Problem of results ordering

Posted by Anurag <an...@gmail.com>.
Try boosting 94305 as guitar center 94305^10
On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Erick Erickson [via Lucene] <
ml-node+2139685-1248268645-146354@n3.nabble.com<ml...@n3.nabble.com>
> wrote:

> What does your query look like? Especially what is the output
> when you append &debugQuery=on? You can examine the
> scoring at the end of the response to gain more insight.
>
> Best
> Erick
>
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 8:34 PM, Ruixiang Zhang <[hidden email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=2139685&i=0>>
> wrote:
>
> > When I search "guitar center 94305", it gives the results:
> >
> > guitar center guitar center Hollywood
> > guitar center 94305
> > guitar center 94305 location
> >
> > But I want results to be like this:
> >
> > guitar center 94305
> > guitar center 94305 location
> > guitar center guitar center Hollywood
> >
> > How can I make the results that match all keywords come first?
> > Or how can I reduce the weight of the word that appears the second or
> more
> > time?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Ruixiang
> >

> ------------------------------
>  View message @
> http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Problem-of-results-ordering-tp2139314p2139685.html
>
> To start a new topic under Solr - User, email
> ml-node+472068-1941297125-146354@n3.nabble.com<ml...@n3.nabble.com>

Kumar Anurag

-----
Kumar Anurag

Re: Problem of results ordering

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Grijesh.singh" <pi...@gmail.com>.
Your problem is Term Frequency, You do not want to consider term frequency
try omit Term Frequency.

-----
Grijesh