Posted to user@empire-db.apache.org by DEVELA Brent <br...@diva.co.jp> on 2010/09/14 08:43:07 UTC

Problem with Date DataType format in Oracle

Hi All,

Nice to be here! I am having an issue executing a BaseRecord#.update() method whenever a DBTable has a DataType.DateTime DBTableColumn in Oracle. The Oracle database I use only accepts the string format 'dd-MMM-yy hh:mm:ss a' (e.g. '08-SEP-10 01:55:45 PM') and recognizes it properly. However, the update method of empire db generates a date format 'yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS' (e.g. 2010-09-08 13:55:45.0) and this throws an exception. I have no problem reading from the database but insert/updates currently doesn't work.

Question: How do I change the format of the SQL query generated by empire-db so that it will match to what is accepted by the Oracle database? I tried changing the regional settings of my machine (Windows 7) and it still generates the same format.

Thanks,

Brent

Re: Problem with Date DataType format in Oracle

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.
I don't have any problem with self-solving issues ;-)

--
http://www.somatik.be

RE: Problem with Date DataType format in Oracle

Posted by DEVELA Brent <br...@diva.co.jp>.
Hi,