Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Felipe Cypriano <fm...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/16 19:18:35 UTC

Best practices to integrate projects with a Grails project

Hello everyone,

I would like to know the community ideas about what I'm going to do. Any
ideas are welcome, let's chat about it.

I'm starting a new project to update a old one, so I've a few classes
already working and I will reuse them. In general I'll use Grails (and
implicit Spring and Hibernate) + Google Web Toolkit (GWT). In my test both
works fine together, but there's a painful work configure the classpath for
all the projects and this is the problem that I like to simplify.

For now I've these projects (or package jars):

   - vc-commons.jar: Utilities and enums used for all other projects
   - vc-entities.jar: All the JPA Entity classes
   - vc-gwt-ui.jar: Everything gwt needs to compile/generate the view
   - vc-grails: All grails/server stuff

In vc-grails/lib I've to put all others jar, and change them everytime
something changes, manually. And also copy the html, css and js files
generated by gwt to vc-grails/web-app. Is there a way to automate this
process? Something like "before compile or run copy the necessary files from
the others projects".

Regards,

---
Felipe Marin Cypriano