Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Rich.Baldwin" <Ri...@noaa.gov> on 2007/08/28 19:48:33 UTC

cxf deployment to tomcat

Looking through the cxf samples and the build.xml files, I noticed that
the target tomcat layout is 5.0 or 5.5.  At tomcat 6.0, by default the
shared/lib goes away unless defined in properties files.  So my question
concerns classloader issues and servlet engine dependencies.  Is the
recommended deployment for TC 6 to dump all cxf.home/lib jars into the
tomcat/lib directory or keep them in the project WEB-INF/lib or to
configure properties such that shared/lib and common/lib are used?  Are
there jars in cxf.home/lib which MUST be deployed to tomcat/lib for the
cxf server stack to work?    The tomcat folks have been strongly hinting
for years that users avoid adding to tomcat/lib to avoid portability
issues, classloader issues, package conflict issues, etc.

Tx, Rich

Re: cxf deployment to tomcat

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.
Starting in the upcoming 2.0.2 version, I believe the samples will now
place the jars in the WAR file by default.  We had a recent commit to
that to the Subversion repository trunk.

Glen

Re: cxf deployment to tomcat

Posted by "Rich.Baldwin" <Ri...@noaa.gov>.
Excellent!

Re: cxf deployment to tomcat

Posted by "Jeff.Yu" <je...@iona.com>.
Yes, in the trunk's code, now we have built the "FULL WAR", which
included all the necessary jars in the $WAR/WEB-INF/lib.
If you want to try it against the 2.0.1 release, you need to change the
"common_build.xml" to do that.
Please refer to JIRA[1] for detail.

Thanks
Jeff