Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Brian Whitman <br...@echonest.com> on 2010/09/10 15:18:31 UTC

solr / lucene engineering positions in Boston, MA USA @ the Echo Nest

Hi all, brief message to let you know that we're in heavy hire mode at the
Echo Nest. As many of you know we are very heavy solr/lucene users (~1bn
documents across many many servers) and a lot of our staff have been working
with and contributing to the projects over the years. We are a "music
intelligence" company -- we crawl the web and do a lot of fancy math on
music audio and text to then provide things like recommendation, feeds,
remix capabilities, playlisting etc to a lot of music labels, social
networks and small developers via a very popular API.

We are especially interested in people with Lucene & Solr experience who
aren't afraid to get into the guts and push it to its limits. If any of
these positions fit you please let me know. We are hiring full time in the
Boston area (Davis Square, Somerville) for senior and junior engineers as
well as data architects.

http://the.echonest.com/company/jobs/

http://developer.echonest.com/docs/v4/

http://the.echonest.com/

Re: solr / lucene engineering positions in Boston, MA USA @ the Echo Nest

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 9:18 AM, Brian Whitman <br...@echonest.com> wrote:
> Hi all, brief message to let you know that we're in heavy hire mode at the
> Echo Nest. As many of you know we are very heavy solr/lucene users (~1bn
> documents across many many servers) and a lot of our staff have been working
> with and contributing to the projects over the years. We are a "music
> intelligence" company -- we crawl the web and do a lot of fancy math on
> music audio and text to then provide things like recommendation, feeds,
> remix capabilities, playlisting etc to a lot of music labels, social
> networks and small developers via a very popular API.

Cool stuff Brian!
Might make a good entry for http://wiki.apache.org/solr/PublicServers ?

-Yonik
http://lucenerevolution.org  Lucene/Solr Conference, Boston Oct 7-8