Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <jr...@apache.org> on 2014/01/16 20:49:46 UTC

0.26 release update - RC3 is available

Greetings, everyone.

RC3 is now available from revision 1558617 of the release branch:

  http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.26-rc3/
  http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.26-rc3-testing.txt

I'm now building and testing with the latest released version of
Fedora, 20.  It shows up a new failure in the C++ tests, ssl_test.
The C++ memory leaks in the store are also still present (and have
been since alpha!).  I'm looking into the SSL test issue now.  We need
information about whether the reported leaks are real defects as soon
as possible.

RC3 is not a proposed final candidate, for the reasons above, but I
will likely make RC4 one.  I hope to have it ready for a vote middle
of next week.

Thanks!
Justin

---
0.26 release page: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/0.26+Release

Re: 0.26 release update - RC3 is available

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin

I've performed basic testing on the Java Broker/Java Client
(0-8..0-10) builds from RC3.  No issues encountered.

* Started/stopped the Java Broker, tested functionality exposed the
Web Management Console
* Sent/received messages using Drain/Spout.

Kind regards, Keith.

Request for fix for 0.26

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Thu, 2014-01-16 at 14:49 -0500, Justin Ross wrote:
> Greetings, everyone.
>
> RC3 is now available from revision 1558617 of the release branch:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.26-rc3/
>   http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.26-rc3-testing.txt
>
> I'm now building and testing with the latest released version of
> Fedora, 20.  It shows up a new failure in the C++ tests, ssl_test.
> The C++ memory leaks in the store are also still present (and have
> been since alpha!).  I'm looking into the SSL test issue now.  We need
> information about whether the reported leaks are real defects as soon
> as possible.

The SSL test issue was indeed a bug that would probably have nixed all
SSL usage under newer versions of the NSS libraries. I've a fix checked
into trunk now.

The change is  https://svn.apache.org/r1560575

The git repo SHA is ac51ca3f2be3df75c54eae14a50dc2e3d758b693

If I can get a speedy review and ack then I can get it into  0.26
quickly.

Andrew