Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by eagleMcMoe <mi...@cewecolor.de> on 2013/08/22 18:44:13 UTC

Re: PDF: Disable converting color to "Device Gray"

Dear  Jeremias,

Thanks for this information. We also had problems with our RIP treating
grayscale black and RGB black differently.
So we first tried your proposal and commented out the if statement. Tada,
gray color was written as RGB. But the main problem was still there: black
still showed up as grayscale black instead of RGB black.
The key was the initial color. The default color is set to black, because
the default in PDF is black - but greyscale black (which should be
equivalent to RGB black, but the RIP is ignoring this). When we switched the
initial color in the Java code to null (in FOP 0.94 it is PDFState, in 1.1
it should be AbstractPaintingState) even black objects had a color differing
from the current one. Thus finally we are getting our RGB black.

So it would be nice to have an option in FOP that forces these RGB colors -
e.g. as a Batik transcoder hint ;-)

Best regards,
Michael