Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/30 08:21:15 UTC

[Axis2] removed Annogen dependency

Hi all,

As we discussed in the mailing list I removed the annogen dependency and
just use JDK support for annotation processing. So  now the Axis2 code
base will not work with JDK 1.4. Removing annogen from Axis2 was a major
code change because Axis2 uses annogen all over the code base. Anyway I
make sure all the test cases are working as well as I tested some
samples created by myslef.  However there may be some issues, since this
was a major change. While doing this I experienced few backward
compatibility issues , and we do not have any workaround for that :(
 - Order of the operations appear in the WSDL change due the short
algorithms different.
 - Sequence of elements appear in the Types sections and responses
different. That also due to the sort algorithm differences.

Please check Java2WSDL and POJO as much as you can with the new changes
and create JIRA if you find anything.

Thank you!
Deepal