Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/11 01:40:14 UTC

Re: Is there anything running every minute in jmeter?

On 31/07/2008, Lists <li...@dankeeley.co.uk> wrote:
> hi,
>
>  we get regular peaks in response time on our system, and they're every
>  minute, perhaps losing a second every few minutes, but pretty regular.

Are multiple samples affected?

>  Is there anything in jmeter that runs every 60 seconds?

Not that I know of.

>  We use the constant
>  throughput timer, could it be that adjusting itself?

It does adjust itself, but does so every time, not once a minute.

Besides, that should not affect response times, only throughput.

>  We've analysed logs and have extensive performance tracking in our
>  application, and these longer response times are not reflected in our
>  application.
>
>  Also; With it being so regular, it's not garbage collection.  This is
>  running at about 130 trx/s so not a particularly high load.  The script
>  server is multi core and high spec.

Which version of JMeter?

Are you running GUI? Non-GUI? Client-server?