Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Daniele Artini <ar...@tiscali.it> on 2005/10/03 23:15:07 UTC

wrong Cell Value, help !

Hi,
with the following simple program,inside the test.xls file generated
the values of the all cell are repeated many times !
what's worng ?

please help me

TestExcel.java:

import java.awt.Dimension;
import java.awt.GridLayout;
import java.awt.event.ActionEvent;
import java.awt.event.ActionListener;
import java.awt.event.MouseAdapter;
import java.awt.event.MouseEvent;
import java.io.File;
import java.io.FileOutputStream;
import java.io.IOException;
import java.util.Calendar;

import javax.swing.JButton;
import javax.swing.JFrame;
import javax.swing.JPanel;
import javax.swing.JScrollPane;
import javax.swing.JTable;

import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFCell;
import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFCellStyle;
import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFFont;
import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFRow;
import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFSheet;
import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook;

public class TestExcel extends JPanel implements ActionListener {
    private boolean DEBUG = false;
    private JTable table;

    private JButton      fileButton=new JButton("FILE");

    public TestExcel() {
        super(new GridLayout(1,0));

        String[] columnNames = {"First Name",
                                "Last Name",
                                "Sport",
                                "# of Years",
                                "Vegetarian"};

        Object[][] data = {
            {"Mary", "Campione",
             "Snowboarding", new Integer(5), new Boolean(false)},
            {"Alison", "Huml",
             "Rowing", new Integer(3), new Boolean(true)},
            {"Kathy", "Walrath",
             "Knitting", new Integer(2), new Boolean(false)},
            {"Sharon", "Zakhour",
             "Speed reading", new Integer(20), new Boolean(true)},
            {"Philip", "Milne",
             "Pool", new Integer(10), new Boolean(false)}
        };

        table = new JTable(data, columnNames);

        table.setPreferredScrollableViewportSize(new Dimension(500, 70));
        this.fileButton.setActionCommand("FILE");
        this.fileButton.addActionListener(this);
        if (DEBUG) {
            table.addMouseListener(new MouseAdapter() {
                public void mouseClicked(MouseEvent e) {
                    printDebugData(table);
                }
            });
        }

        //Create the scroll pane and add the table to it.
        JScrollPane scrollPane = new JScrollPane(table);
        this.add(this.fileButton);
        //Add the scroll pane to this panel.
        add(scrollPane);
    }

    private void printDebugData(JTable table) {
        int numRows = table.getRowCount();
        int numCols = table.getColumnCount();
        javax.swing.table.TableModel model = table.getModel();

        System.out.println("Value of data: ");
        for (int i=0; i < numRows; i++) {
            System.out.print("    row " + i + ":");
            for (int j=0; j < numCols; j++) {
                System.out.print("  " + model.getValueAt(i, j));
            }
            System.out.println();
        }
        System.out.println("--------------------------");
    }

    /**
     * Create the GUI and show it.  For thread safety,
     * this method should be invoked from the
     * event-dispatching thread.
     */

        //Schedule a job for the event-dispatching thread:
        //creating and showing this application's GUI.
       //Make sure we have nice window decorations.
       JFrame.setDefaultLookAndFeelDecorated(true);

       //Create and set up the window.
       JFrame frame = new JFrame("SimpleTableDemo");

       //Create and set up the content pane.
       TestExcel newContentPane = new TestExcel();
       newContentPane.setOpaque(true); //content panes must be opaque
       frame.setContentPane(newContentPane);

       //Display the window.
       frame.pack();
       frame.setVisible(true);
    }
       if (e.getActionCommand() == "FILE") {
          new ExcelSaveJTable(this.table);

       }
   }

    public class ExcelSaveJTable {
       private  int MAX_ROW=65000;
       private  short FATTORE_CONV_WIDTH=60;
       private HSSFSheet foglioExcel;
       private HSSFWorkbook documentoExcel;
       private int colonne;
       private int righeTab;
       private JTable tabellaDati;
       private HSSFCellStyle stileCella,stileCellaInt;

       /**
        *
        * @param prmJTable JTable da cui leggere i dati
        *
        */
       public ExcelSaveJTable(JTable prmTabella){

          documentoExcel = new HSSFWorkbook();
          foglioExcel = documentoExcel.createSheet("test");
          File FileOutput=new File("test.xls");

          righeTab=Math.min(this.MAX_ROW,prmTabella.getRowCount());
          colonne=prmTabella.getColumnCount();
          tabellaDati=prmTabella;

          stileCella = documentoExcel.createCellStyle();

stileCella.setAlignment(HSSFCellStyle.ALIGN_FILL);

          stileCellaInt=documentoExcel.createCellStyle();

stileCellaInt.setAlignment(HSSFCellStyle.ALIGN_FILL);

          scriviIntestazione();

          int cnt=1;

          while (cnt<=righeTab){
             scriviRigoDati(cnt);
             cnt++;
          }

          //scrittura del file
          try{
            FileOutputStream fileExcelOut = new
FileOutputStream(FileOutput);
            documentoExcel.write(fileExcelOut);
            fileExcelOut.close();
          }catch (IOException e) {
            System.out.println("Il file non e' stato scritto !
"+e.getMessage());
          }

       }

       private void scriviIntestazione(){
          //scrivo l'intestazione delle colonne
          HSSFRow rigo = foglioExcel.createRow(0);
          short i;
          HSSFFont fontIntestazione = documentoExcel.createFont();
          fontIntestazione.setBoldweight(HSSFFont.BOLDWEIGHT_BOLD);
          stileCellaInt.setFont(fontIntestazione);
          for (i=0; i<colonne;i++){

foglioExcel.setColumnWidth((short)(i),(short)(tabellaDati.getColumnModel().getColumn(i).getPreferredWidth()*FATTORE_CONV_WIDTH));
             HSSFCell cellaIntestazione = rigo.createCell((short)i);
             String str=tabellaDati.getColumnName(i);
             cellaIntestazione.setCellValue(str);
             stileCellaInt.setBorderBottom(HSSFCellStyle.BORDER_THIN);
             stileCellaInt.setBorderTop(HSSFCellStyle.BORDER_THIN);
             stileCellaInt.setBorderLeft(HSSFCellStyle.BORDER_THIN);
             stileCellaInt.setBorderRight(HSSFCellStyle.BORDER_THIN);
             cellaIntestazione.setCellStyle(stileCellaInt);
          }
       }

       private void scriviRigoDati(int cnt){
          HSSFRow rigoDati = foglioExcel.createRow(cnt);
          int i;
          for (i=0; i<colonne;i++){
             HSSFCell cella = rigoDati.createCell((short)i);

             Object datoCellaJTable
=tabellaDati.getValueAt(cnt-1,i);
             if (datoCellaJTable instanceof Boolean){

cella.setCellValue(((Boolean)datoCellaJTable).booleanValue());
             } else if (datoCellaJTable instanceof Calendar){
                cella.setCellValue((Calendar)datoCellaJTable);
             } else if (datoCellaJTable instanceof Double){

cella.setCellValue(((Double)datoCellaJTable).doubleValue());
             } else if (datoCellaJTable instanceof Short){

cella.setCellValue(((Short)datoCellaJTable).shortValue());
             } else if (datoCellaJTable instanceof Integer){

cella.setCellValue(((Integer)datoCellaJTable).intValue());
             } else { String valstr=(String)datoCellaJTable.toString();
                     if ((!(valstr==null)) && (valstr.length()>0)){
                        cella.setCellValue(valstr);
                     } else {
                        cella.setCellValue("");
                     }
                }
             cella.setCellStyle(stileCella);
          }
       }
    }
}

Re: wrong Cell Value, help !

Posted by Daniele Artini <ar...@tiscali.it>.
I'm new to the object programming /Java,
i need to write to an excel file the data in a JTable,
but i' don't understand where is the bug in my program file
TestExcel.java, can you help me to find it ? please ?

what exactly is "sheetviewer" and where can i download ?

thank you for your help.

acoliver@apache.org wrote:

> [...]
>>           int i;
>>           for (i=0; i<colonne;i++){
>>              HSSFCell cella = rigoDati.createCell((short)i);
>>                          Object datoCellaJTable
>> =tabellaDati.getValueAt(cnt-1,i);                           if
>> (datoCellaJTable instanceof Boolean){
>> cella.setCellValue(((Boolean)datoCellaJTable).booleanValue());
>>              } else if (datoCellaJTable instanceof Calendar){
>>
>> cella.setCellValue((Calendar)datoCellaJTable);
>>              } else if (datoCellaJTable instanceof Double){
>>
>> cella.setCellValue(((Double)datoCellaJTable).doubleValue());
>>              } else if (datoCellaJTable instanceof Short){
>>
>> cella.setCellValue(((Short)datoCellaJTable).shortValue());
>>              } else if (datoCellaJTable instanceof Integer){
>>
>> cella.setCellValue(((Integer)datoCellaJTable).intValue());
>>              } else { String valstr=(String)datoCellaJTable.toString();
>>                      if ((!(valstr==null)) && (valstr.length()>0)){

Re: wrong Cell Value, help !

Posted by ac...@apache.org.

Daniele Artini wrote:
> [...]
>           HSSFRow rigoDati = foglioExcel.createRow(cnt);
>           int i;
>           for (i=0; i<colonne;i++){
>              HSSFCell cella = rigoDati.createCell((short)i);
>
>              Object datoCellaJTable
> =tabellaDati.getValueAt(cnt-1,i);
>              if (datoCellaJTable instanceof Boolean){
>
> cella.setCellValue(((Boolean)datoCellaJTable).booleanValue());
>              } else if (datoCellaJTable instanceof Calendar){
>                 cella.setCellValue((Calendar)datoCellaJTable);
>              } else if (datoCellaJTable instanceof Double){
>
> cella.setCellValue(((Double)datoCellaJTable).doubleValue());
>              } else if (datoCellaJTable instanceof Short){
>
> cella.setCellValue(((Short)datoCellaJTable).shortValue());
>              } else if (datoCellaJTable instanceof Integer){
>
> cella.setCellValue(((Integer)datoCellaJTable).intValue());
>              } else { String valstr=(String)datoCellaJTable.toString();
>                      if ((!(valstr==null)) && (valstr.length()>0)){

Andrew C. Oliver
SuperLink Software, Inc.

Java to Excel using POI