Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shehan Simen <ss...@itree.com.au> on 2008/08/14 02:32:53 UTC

maxPostSize not working for web services

Hi,
I developed an axis2 web service, which accepts some files. I want to limit the size of incoming file. But there is no way to specify the file size in axis2(using mtom) and it is confirmed by the axis2 group. So now I then tried to limit the POST request size of the tomcat, which I thought is the best solution for my problem.
I changed the server.xml of tomcat and added the maxPostSize to the Connector . (to accept less than 5mb requests)

               connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" maxPostSize="5242880" />

But it seems not working and I found in the web(google) that this maxPortSize in only working for the Form Posts.
Is there any configurations in tomcat  to limit the size of all incoming Post requests?

Please let me know.

Thank you.
Regards,
Shehan