Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steven Pierce <pa...@speakeasy.net> on 2003/01/19 06:40:55 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] linux hosting (ot)

Ryan,

It all depends on what he means by dedicated hosting.  Does that mean that you need a server that only
you can use?  What kind of application is this?

The first question would be: do you have a DSL Line where you want the server??  How much band
width are you (Application) going to need?  Does it need a specific IP address, or can it use a DHCP
address?

The cost for the dedicated hosting could be about the same, by the time you buy a server, the DSL line,
take the time (your time) to install it.  Then if you do not know Linux, the time to learn it, or take classes
for it.  Who did you look at for the server ??  What are they offering for the 2K??

I think that could please give us a little more information on what you need.