Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pete Thomas <pe...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/21 18:54:21 UTC

[M2] Added J2EE jars but it doesn't find them in my local repository

I have followed the guide for adding the sun jars to my local
repository, and used the Maven recommeneded naming conventions

1)
mvn install:install-file -Dfile="D:\My Documents\downloads\Maven\3rd
party jars\sun J2ee 1.3\j2ee.jar" -DgroupId=javax.j2ee
-DartifactId=j2ee -Dversion=13 -Dpackaging=jar

this created
repository\javax\j2ee\j2ee\13\j2ee-13.jar

Although the install copied the jar into a new directory, I noticed
there was no .pom file ?

2) changed my pom.xml for an ejb project
              <dependency>
                      <groupId>javax.j2ee</groupId>
                      <artifactId>j2ee</artifactId>
                      <version>1.3</version>
              </dependency>

I have tried with and without a manually created j2ee-13.pom file
but always get the following error ?

Any ideas ?

[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM from the repository for project:
null:maven-ejb-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0
[DEBUG] maven-install-plugin: resolved to version 2.0 from repository central
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM from the repository for project:
null:maven-install-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM from the repository for project:
null:xdoclet-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0
[DEBUG] root.project:m2-ejb:ejb:1.0-SNAPSHOT (selected for null)
[DEBUG] Trying repository central
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/j2ee/j2ee/1.3/j2ee-1.3.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
[DEBUG] Artifact not found - using stub model: Unable to download the
artifact from any repository
 javax.j2ee:j2ee:1.3:pom

from the specified remote repositories:
 central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

[DEBUG] Using defaults for missing POM javax.j2ee:j2ee:pom:1.3
[DEBUG]   javax.j2ee:j2ee:jar:1.3 (selected for compile)
[DEBUG] Skipping disabled repository central
[DEBUG] m2component: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM from the repository for project:
root.project:m2component:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[DEBUG] Skipping disabled repository central
[DEBUG] project: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG]   root.project:m2component:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT (selected for compile)
[DEBUG]     log4j:log4j:jar:1.2.8 (selected for compile)
[DEBUG] Trying repository central
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/j2ee/j2ee/1.3/j2ee-1.3.jar
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: javax.j2ee
ArtifactId: j2ee
Version: 1.3

 javax.j2ee:j2ee:1.3:jar

from the specified remote repositories:
 central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[DEBUG] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Unable to
download the artifact from any repository
 javax.j2ee:j2ee:1.3:jar

from the specified remote repositories:
 central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

      at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:528)
      at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:469)

Re: [M2] Added J2EE jars but it doesn't find them in my local repository

Posted by Stephen Duncan <st...@gmail.com>.
Looks like the problem is 13 vs 1.3

Run:

 mvn install:install-file -Dfile="D:\My Documents\downloads\Maven\3rd
party jars\sun J2ee 1.3\j2ee.jar" -DgroupId=javax.j2ee
-DartifactId=j2ee -Dversion=1.3 -Dpackaging=jar

-Stephen

On 10/21/05, Pete Thomas <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> GroupId: javax.j2ee
> ArtifactId: j2ee
> Version: 1.3

>  javax.j2ee:j2ee:1.3:jar
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>

> [INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [DEBUG] Trace
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Unable to
> download the artifact from any repository
>  javax.j2ee:j2ee:1.3:jar
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>
>       at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:528)
>       at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:469)

Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com

Re: [M2] Added J2EE jars but it doesn't find them in my local repository

Posted by Brill Pappin <jo...@gmail.com>.
You are not depending on the same version your installed version 13 and
reference 1.3.

- Brill Pappin