Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jay n gaba <ja...@rediffmail.com> on 2002/02/14 17:36:24 UTC

problem configuring security appn with Netscape Directory Structure

hi
I am trying to run the sample security example (i.e http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/security/protected/)
using netscape directory structure.I can connect to ldap but while trying to connect to the application I receive an invalid user or password error.
I have successfully connected through an ldap browser.
Netscape Directory server has been configured to use the SHA algorithm for encrypting the passwords.I read some previous archives which suggests that there is some problem while comparing the passwords.I have tried removing passwords but still it throws the same error.

Can anyone give me some direction on this.??? I have pasted below the realm configuration and a sample entry in the ldap. I have used the sample entry given by the tomcat site.

Thanks in advance

Jay

<Realm   className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="99"
	connectionName="cn=tomcat,o=abc.org"
	connectionPassword="tomcat"
	connectionURL="ldap://abc2.xyz.org:8389/o=abc.org"
	roleBase="cn=roles,o=abc.org"
	roleName="cn"
	roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})"
	roleSubtree="false"