Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Kristi Morton <km...@cs.washington.edu> on 2008/10/10 00:37:39 UTC

PigLatin formal grammar specification

Hi,

Sorry for the newbie question, but is there a link/paper that formally
shows PigLatin's grammar/formal language definition?

Thanks,
Kristi

Re: PigLatin formal grammar specification

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>.
We don't have a BNF for Pig Latin yet.  We have an informal
description of the language at http://wiki.apache.org/pig/PigLatin,
or you can read the javacc specification at http://svn.apache.org/
viewvc/incubator/pig/trunk/src/org/apache/pig/impl/logicalLayer/
parser/QueryParser.jjt?view=log

Alan.