Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by simran <si...@cse.unsw.edu.au> on 2002/03/14 09:29:38 UTC

Problem comping mod_perl and mod_dav statically at same time...

Hi All,

I am trying to compile the following things together:

* apache_1.3.23
* mod_dav-1.0.3-1.3.6
* mod_perl-1.26

If i compile apache with mod_dav OR mod_perl it works fine. However, if
i compile them both in then httpd always segfaults as soon as i pass it
any request.

The way i configure before compiling is:

./configure --enable-module=all
--activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a
--activate-module=src/modules/dav/libdav.a

My actual issue is that i want mod_perl working and mod_dav working
properly - i don't really care about how they are linked (static is
preferable but not necessary).

If i compile only mod_perl in statically and then compile mod_dav as a
DSO (.so) file. Then the server stats up, but unfortunately a:

  OPTION /dav/ HTTP/1.1
  Host: my.host.com:80

Gives me the following response

  HTTP/1.1 200 OK
  Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:01:49 GMT
  Server: Apache/1.3.23 (Unix) DAV/1.0.3 mod_perl/1.26

BUT the response i really want is one that includes the header:

Allow: OPTIONS, GET, HEAD, POST, DELETE, TRACE, PROPFIND, PROPPATCH,
COPY, MOVE, LOCK, UNLOCK

Otherwise of course WebDav will not work properly...

The relevant section in my httpd.conf file is:

  #
  # Web Dav Stuff...
  #
  DAVLockDB /tmp/DAVLock
  DAVMinTimeout 600

  <Location /dav>
    AuthName "DAV Realm"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthUserFile  /home/simran/netchant/www/pa/conf/.htpasswd

    DAV On
    Options Indexes
    AllowOverride All

    #<Limit GET POST PUT DELETE CONNECT OPTIONS PATCH PROPFIND PROPPATCH
MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
    #    Order allow,deny
    #    Allow from all
    #     #Order deny,allow
    #     #Deny from all
    #</Limit>

   <LimitExcept GET HEAD OPTIONS>
     require valid-user
   </LimitExcept>

  </Location>

Can anyone please help me with the following:
* Compiling mod_perl and mod_dav staticaly together and ensuring apache
does not die on any request

or

* Compiling mod_perl statically and mod_dav dynamically but getting
apache to return the right "Allow:" headers so webdav actually works.

Your help would be so very very much appreciated, i have been playing
with this for over 3 full days and have not gotten very far at all.

thanks,

simran.

Re: Problem comping mod_perl and mod_dav statically at same time...

Posted by simran <si...@cse.unsw.edu.au>.
Hi All,

To all those that read the message and were about to reply, a big
thankyou.

I *think* i have it working :-)

The problem was that the 'dav' directory (as specificied in the Location
field in my httpd.conf) did not exist on the filesystem!!!

Once i created that, all the options seem to be available, and the Allow
headers is perfect.

cheers,

simran.