Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Alexander Sack <pi...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/20 16:29:39 UTC

JTA and iBatis configuration

Hi folks,

I just want to make sure my basic understanding of JTA and container managed
transactions is right.  I''ve defined a Datasource under JBoss in an XML
file.  I believe since I specificed local-tx-datasource, transactions are
managed by the JBoss Transaction Manager.

Therefore to use iBatis I should specify my TransactionManager as EXTERNAL
and use a JNDI datasource attribute with the right URL within my runtime
namespace.

Right?  Or do I really need to use the JTA attribute to have fully managed
transactions?

Thanks!

-aps

--
"What lies behind us and what lies in front of us is of little concern to
what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson