Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Cindy Ballreich <ci...@ballreich.net> on 2001/03/08 21:17:27 UTC

text/plain output

I'm trying to create an XSL that will output plain text. Here is the XSL
that I've been testing with...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">
	<xsl:output method="text" encoding="us-ascii"/>

	<xsl:template match="catalog">
		<xsl:processing-instruction
name="cocoon-format">type="text/plain"</xsl:processing-instruction>
		<xsl:value-of select="@name"/>
	</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

The only output I get is the following error...

org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException: Warning: can't output text
before document element!  Ignoring...

The value being selected is text and it does exist in the XML file. It
displays properly as XML, but text output doesn't seem to work. Am I
missing something important here?

Cindy