Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Keith Wiley <kw...@keithwiley.com> on 2011/03/18 18:20:55 UTC

Kill jobs take awhile to clear off job tracker

Why does it take a long time (fractions of an hour or more sometimes) for kill jobs to disappear from the running jobs list of the job tracker?  Clicking on such jobs will often reveal that the tasks themselves are in fact killed, yet the job remains on the front page under running jobs.

My concern is that a per-user max-num-jobs fair scheduler may not let me run new jobs while the old ones are clearing out.

Thanks.

                                           --  Yoda