Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk> on 2000/09/05 10:43:12 UTC

debugging XSPs

Hi All,

Is there any way of debugging (tracing, breakpoints etc.) Cocoon XSP pages
or libraries used by XSP?

I use TomCat 3.2b (standalone) and CodeWarrior IDE on Mac and PC.

One of my colleagues reckons (but can't remember how) this was possible
with Servlet Exec via some Main Method.

Has anybody managed to do this with TomCat?

Thanks for any help.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <ma...@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
    <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>        <pa...@sms.genie.co.uk>

Re: debugging XSPs

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
At 14:50 -0400 05/09/00, Donald Ball wrote:
>On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Is there any way of debugging (tracing, breakpoints etc.) Cocoon XSP pages
>> or libraries used by XSP?
>>
>> I use TomCat 3.2b (standalone) and CodeWarrior IDE on Mac and PC.
>
>sure. fire up the tomcat process using jdb instead of java. or there's
>some way to attach jdb to a running jvm, dunno what it is offhand tho.
>
>- donald

Thanks,
I have no clue what this means :)
But I'll ask around ...