Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Jim Henderson <jg...@metafile.com> on 2000/12/11 16:13:45 UTC

Returned Complex Objects

Having looked at SOAP for 2 days, I am under the impression that a complex
object can be returned in a Java Response object.  One must use the
getReturnValue() method.  Then break apart (cast) the parameter's getValue()
object.

Is my thinking correct?

Also, if the returned object contains a lot of data (4M?),  can SOAP handle
it, or am I asking for trouble when using large objects in a Servlet?  (We
are considering using soap for the Servlet to talk to the back end.)

Can it handle mixed data being returned (text and binary image data)?

I am in early evaluation mode am an wondering if SOAP is suitable for our
requirements.  Any obvious show stoppers?

Thanks,
Jim Henderson
Metafile Information Systems, Inc.
507-286-9232   jgh@metafile.com