Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com> on 2012/03/16 00:43:58 UTC

Re: Normalization of acceleration values

Hey all,

I'm bringing this one back up :)

I am leaning towards going with the spec Jesse linked to [1] and having
all the platforms roll with units expressed as m/s^2.

>From a conversation I just had with Jesse this issue just came up in WP7
as well.

I will do some testing on my iPod + android and see what the different
return values are currently. I'll try to consolidate. We will have to
update docs for this as well!

[1] http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source-orientation.html#devicemotion

Posted by Drew Walters <de...@gmail.com>.
After finding the right document [1], apparently on BlackBerry 1000 =
G force.  Apparently my desk is in a slow constant fall to the center
of the earth.

I'll just do some math on native side to conform the values.  Maybe
not today though.

[1] http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/5.0.0api/net/rim/device/api/system/AccelerometerSensor.html

Posted by Jesse MacFadyen <pu...@gmail.com>.
Perfect!