Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Gregory Mostizky <gr...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/11 12:36:59 UTC

5.2 release schedule?

Hello,

Our team builds an application that is now going through our final stress
tests before release.
We discovered a memory leak in ActiveMQ 5.1
(https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1790) during  the testing,
and would like to have it fixed before our release (planned for 1st of
July).

The question is what is the best way to get that fix?
If 5.2 is going to be released soon, we can wait for it.
If not what our best option is?
Getting release candidate?
Getting snapshot?
Grabbing 5.1 source and fixing it ourselves, creating custom build?

I assume our options are limited because of the very short timeframe,
so I would like to get your advice on that.

Regards,
Gregory

Re: 5.2 release schedule?

Posted by sgm <sg...@gmail.com>.
On 6/11/08, Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 Jun 2008, at 11:36, Gregory Mostizky wrote:
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > Our team builds an application that is now going through our final stress
> > tests before release.
> > We discovered a memory leak in ActiveMQ 5.1
> > (https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1790)
> during  the testing,
> > and would like to have it fixed before our release (planned for 1st of
> > July).
> >
> > The question is what is the best way to get that fix?
> > If 5.2 is going to be released soon, we can wait for it.
> > If not what our best option is?
> > Getting release candidate?
> > Getting snapshot?
> > Grabbing 5.1 source and fixing it ourselves, creating custom build?
> >
> > I assume our options are limited because of the very short timeframe,
> > so I would like to get your advice on that.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Gregory
> > --
> >

> We haven't thought about a 5.2 release - we don't have a schedule as such
> for releases.
> Your best bet is to use a snapshot  (the one built tonight will have the
> AMQ-1790 fix in)
> Alternatively - you can wait for IONA's  5.1  build of ActiveMQ   (due out
> in a 2 weeks)- here:
> http://open.iona.com/products/enterprise-activemq/
> which will also include that fix
>
> cheers,
>
> Rob
>
> http://open.iona.com/products/enterprise-activemq
> http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/

Rob - Where does one get the 5.2 snapshot? The link from the download page:

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/

... shows nothing in either of the 5.2 folders.

Thx,

Steve

Re: 5.2 release schedule?

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.