Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Devang Shah <de...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/17 01:22:22 UTC

Query on storm retries

We have a use case in our application where by we want to restart topology
a specified number of times in case of any critical exception. If it cannot
recover in that specified number of tries then eventually we want to kill
the topology.

Now as I understand storm restarts the worker in case of any runtime
excpetion thrown out of spout/bolt. Can we control the number of tries
storm does in this case ? If not do we have a way to persist the retries
state in nimbus/supervisor so that we check that before bringing up the
topology.

Thanks in advance.