Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Fuzzbuster <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/08 13:17:41 UTC

For Each Controller doesn't always work

I am running JMeter 2.3, and have the following setup:

- HTTP Reqest Sampler
    - Regular Expression Extractor (extracts all items using Match No: -1)
- ForEach Controller (using variable extracted in above RegEx)
    - HTTP Request Sampler

The process actually loads a page and extracts all the items of a specific
type on it, then uses the For Each controller to repeatedly send a request
to remove each one.

Most of the time this works fine, however, occasionally, the ForEach
controller just doesn't process one of the items in the array, and sometimes
it processes, but the output variable name isn't processed, and simply comes
out as "${returnVar}" rather than the extracted value itself.

I've verified this behaviour using log messages to determine exactly what
the RegEx Extractor has extracted.

My alternative solution is to repeatedly load the page, and each time pick
the 1st item until they've all been deleted, but this is additional overhead
and affects my volume test too much.

Many thanks in advance.

Re: For Each Controller doesn't always work

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
That sounds like it should work ...

Are there any errors reported in the jmeter log file or the console window?

Might also be worth trying 2.3.1, although I don't recall there being
any fixes related to that.
It has a Debug Sampler that might be useful:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Debug_Sampler

S///