Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2005/11/15 13:42:33 UTC

ANNOUNCE: Embperl 2.1.0

The URL

    ftp://ftp.dev.ecos.de/pub/perl/embperl/Embperl-2.1.0.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/G/GR/GRICHTER/Embperl-2.1.0.tar.gz
  size: 648356 bytes
   md5: dd629a7a53f2eee8c7b71d73175f22da

This release adds UTF-8 support and Embperl::Inline, a module to inlcude
Embperl code in normal Perl modules, along with some minor enhancements and
bufg fixes.

---

Embperl is a system for building dynamic websites with Perl.

It gives you the power to embed Perl code in your HTML/XML documents and the
ability to build your Web site out of small reusable objects in an
object-oriented style.

Embperl has several features which are especially useful for creating
Websites, including dynamic tables, form field processing, URL
escaping/unescaping, session handling, caching, xslt transformation and
more.

See http://perl.apache.org/embperl/ (english) or http://www.ecos.de/embperl/
(german) for more information.

Enjoy

Gerald

Changes since 2.0.1:

    - Added better UTF-8 support:

 	  - Output escaping now takes Perl's UTF-8 flags into
          account and will not escape UTF-8 chars anymore

        - Diretive Embperl_Output_Esc_Charset allows to
          generaly switch between Latin1, Latin2 and UTF-8.
          (For UTF-8 this is not necessary when Perl's UTF-8
           Flag is correctly set, but this is not the case
           for all datasources)

        - Form data that is send to Embperl and put into %fdat
          get now Perl's internal UTF8 flags set, in case
          the data posted contains a valid UTF8 string.
          This can be disabled with the option
          optFormDataNoUtf8.

    - Added Module Embperl::Inline, which allows to embed
      Embperl code in an ordinary Perl module. This makes
      is easy to install system wide libraries, which need
      to contain Embperl code/markup. See perldoc Embperl::Inline

    - [$ sub $] now can takes arguments and inital code like:
        [$ sub foo ($self, $a, $b)  my $c = $self -> {bar} $]

    - Embperl subroutines are now called in array context, to
      allow to return multiple return values.

    - Added validate type TimeValue, which is a numeric value
      followed by s, m, h, d or w.

    - Added validate type PosInteger, which is a positiv integer
      value

    - Added Support for calling Embperl::Object::Execute inside
      an Embperl page. (Allow to nest new requests)

    - Corrected HTML/XML escaping inside from <textarea> tags.

    - Fixed Segfault that could occur when a Embperl sub does
      not contain anything.

    - Fixed compile problem with timezone on BSD systems

    - Fixed URLs in website to work correctly on static mirrors

    - Embperl development has been moved from CVS to SVN.
      See SVN.pod .

Gerald Richter            ecos electronic communication services gmbh

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **

RE: ANNOUNCE: Embperl 2.1.0

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> >        - Diretive Embperl_Output_Esc_Charset allows to
> >          generaly switch between Latin1, Latin2 and UTF-8.
> >          (For UTF-8 this is not necessary when Perl's UTF-8
> >           Flag is correctly set, but this is not the case
> >           for all datasources)
> >

> Hello,
>
>   deos it mean I don't have to cimpile it with epchar.min if
> I don't wanr Latin2 chars escaped? Just compile it as it is
> and add 'Embperl_Output_Esc_Charset Latin2 '? Cool...

Yes :-)

Gerald

P.S. "Embperl_Output_Esc_Charset Latin2" is not offically supported yet,
only numeric constant are tested, so to be sure use

Embperl_Output_Esc_Charset 2

Also using Latin2 might work (There is code in Embperl to use symbolic
constants instead of numbers, but it's not really tested yet)

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **

Re: ANNOUNCE: Embperl 2.1.0

Posted by RobertCZ <ro...@robert.cz>.
Gerald Richter wrote:

>        - Diretive Embperl_Output_Esc_Charset allows to
>          generaly switch between Latin1, Latin2 and UTF-8.
>          (For UTF-8 this is not necessary when Perl's UTF-8
>           Flag is correctly set, but this is not the case
>           for all datasources)

Hello,

  deos it mean I don't have to cimpile it with epchar.min if I don't
wanr Latin2 chars escaped? Just compile it as it is and add
'Embperl_Output_Esc_Charset Latin2 '? Cool...

- Robert