Posted to commits@couchdb.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/05/07 04:26:59 UTC

[Couchdb Wiki] Update of "Installing_on_OSX" by JarrodRoberson

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Couchdb Wiki" for change notification.

The "Installing_on_OSX" page has been changed by JarrodRoberson.
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_OSX?action=diff&rev1=23&rev2=24

  $ make
  $ sudo make install
  }}}
+
+
+ I couldn't get the above to work on 64bit Snow Leopard 10.6.3, but I did find a fix for the configure file that will make it compile in 64bit correctly.
+ {{{
+ - *-arch*ppc*|*-arch*i386*|*-arch*x86_64*) ac_cv_c_bigendian=universal;;
+ + *-arch*ppc*) ac_cv_c_bigendian=yes;;
+ }}}
+
+ find the first line with the - in configure and replace it with the second line with the +
+ in the ICU 4.4.1 release this line is at 8002, if Erlang is compiled with 64bit and you patch the configure to compile in 64bit then CouchDB will build and run correctly on 64bit OSX 10.6.x
+
  2. Install SpiderMonkey

  We need [[http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/lang/spidermonkey/files/patch-jsprf.c|jsprf patch]] from the MacPorts project to install SpiderMonkey.