Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Abishek <ab...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/02 04:03:44 UTC

GlusterFS consideration KVM.

Hell All,

I have been testing cloudstack 4.15.1 from past few weeks and its going well. For further testing into our environment I am planning to test out glusterfs with KVM host (the servers have only local storage). Will glusterfs have any performance downside. Did anyone previously had the setup with gluster(replicated). Any thing to consider while deploying?

I will be very grateful for any kind of recommendation.
Thank you.

Re: GlusterFS consideration KVM.

Posted by Ivan Kudryavtsev <iv...@bw-sw.com>.
Glusterfs works fine as a shared mountpoint. No NFS and other stuff
required. Just mount them everywhere and you are good to go. Performance is
acceptable (at least for bunch of ssd), but not comparable with local
storage, of course. Not recommend for IO intensive. VM. We recommend such
VMs for HA, like routers, RAM/CPY intensive workloads.

Cheers

сб, 4 сент. 2021 г., 05:01 Mauro Ferraro - G2K Hosting <

Posted by Mauro Ferraro - G2K Hosting <mf...@g2khosting.com>.
Hi Abishek,