Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.eu> on 2008/07/21 11:31:16 UTC

How to run Lenya in eclipse 3.3 JEE edition

Hi list,

I already install and run Lenya on a server environment, but now, I want to
set up Lenya in the eclipse 3.3 JEE edition.
I do some manipulation for have no error and I write my experience
procedure in the Lenya wiki
http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/HowToLenyaInEclipse
Now, all build great, no error is detect by eclipse, but I fail to run
Lenya in the eclipse's Tomcat server...

I install Tomcat 5.5 in eclipse and try this :
1 – run the “java project” into a server... but I don't see any
result
2 – create a “Dynamic web project” (I think is the best option) for
import Lenya, but I don't find the right procedure...

Can you help me please ??

Florent

Re: How to run Lenya in eclipse 3.3 JEE edition

Posted by Vik Tara <vi...@propco.co.uk>.
Florent André wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 21:19:35 +0100, Vik Tara <vi...@propco.co.uk> wrote:
>> Florent André wrote:
>>> Hi list,
>>>
>>> I already install and run Lenya on a server environment, but now, I want
>>> set up Lenya in the eclipse 3.3 JEE edition.
>> Have you tried using the eclipse tomcat plugin to control an external
>> tomcat - and then building lenya as a war?
>> http://www.eclipsetotale.com/tomcatPlugin.html
>>
>> It's probably not the most elegant way to do it - but it should work.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Vik
>
> thanks Vik,
>
> I don't know this plugin, but eclipse 3.3 JEE edition provide the WTP
> plugin.
>
> This plugin had many features and allow to run also an embedded (in
> eclipse) tomcat or an external server.
Sounds good - I'll check that out

> I found a solution (not very elegant for the moment) for run lenya in
> eclipse. I will write this in documentation this week... and ask some
> another questions ! :)
Are you able to get lenya to build inside eclipse? - as I am having some
problems with that.

Posted by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.eu>.

Posted by Vik Tara <vi...@propco.co.uk>.