Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Syed Kamran Ali <sy...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/08 16:03:19 UTC

Nutch based directory and crawler based on keyword

Hi,

I have successfully configured nutch 0.7.2. Ran the crawler a few times all
working fine. Now i wanted to know is there a way i can run the crawler so
that if it finds certain keyword in a website only then it indexes it
otherwise not. Also after i have the index created is it possible that i can
create a categorized directory, like there is yahoo and google directories?

--
Thanks
Kamran

Re: Nutch based directory and crawler based on keyword

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
Hi,

this question is difficult to answer and may be there more experts in
the nutch user list than in the developer list.
In nutch 0.8 you can use the new scoring api to change the scoring of
a page for being scheduled for crawling based on the it's scores.
Have a look to the opic score plugin and to the crawldatum meta data.
The meta data can be used to transport informations like customs
category weightnings scores that take effect in the crawlDatum score
caculation.
Attention this is not scoring during search time, this is scoring
crawling scheduling.
Beside that the may be simplest way is to write a index plugin that
tag a page (keywordMatch:true / false) that a keyword occurs or not.
During search you extend the search string behind the scene with
something like: yourSearchString+" keywordMatch:true"

Stefan