Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Jim Cheng <ji...@hotmail.com> on 2003/05/01 19:13:52 UTC

Apache Soap Demployment/Registration Problem???

When I try to use the following command to register the HelloWorld service, I always encounter errors:
( My machine is windows2000 with Apache, Tomcat, and Soap installed.)

java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy HelloWorld.xml

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.<init>(DocumentBuilderImp
l.java:158)
        at org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.newDocumentBuilder
(DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.java:82)
        at org.apache.soap.util.xml.XMLParserUtils.getXMLDocBuilder(XMLParserUti
ls.java:138)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.<init>(Call.java:87)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.<init>(Call.java:100)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.<init>(Call.java:94)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.<init>(ServiceManagerClie
nt.java:81)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient
.java:216)

Tomcat and soap have been installed properly on my machine, because I can check through
 http://localhost:8080/  and http://localhost:8080/soap .

I have also included the following files into the classpath: soap.jar, xerces.jar, mail.jar, activation.jar

Could anyone give me a hint?

Thank you!

Jim

Re: Apache Soap Demployment/Registration Problem???

Posted by Jim Cheng <ji...@hotmail.com>.
Thank you for your help. The problem has been solved.
It turned out to be a Java version problems -- I have installed two Java
servsions on my computer, thus confusing the Apache/Soap.

Thanks!

Jim

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.