Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com> on 2014/02/11 11:52:29 UTC

RE: failing to build noredist on 4.3 RC4 [solved]

Somewhere along the line I'd dragged to 'old' vim25.jar in, so was building against an old version.

Thanks for your help Min.

Regards,

Paul Angus
Cloud Architect
S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447711418784 | T: @CloudyAngus
paul.angus@shapeblue.com

From: Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>>
Date: Sunday, February 9, 2014 7:10 AM
To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<ma...@cloudstack.apache.org>" <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Subject: failing to build noredist on 4.3 RC4

Hi guys,

I’m suddenly getting build failures against 4.3 –

Is it looking for a jar called vim25.jar (which actually called vim25_51.jar)?

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile (default-compile) on project cloud-vmware-base: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /usr/local/cloudstack/dist/rpmbuild/BUILD/cloudstack-4.3.0/vmware-base/src/com/cloud/hypervisor/vmware/util/VmwareClient.java:[36,23] error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol:   class InvalidCollectorVersionFaultMsg
[ERROR] location: package com.vmware.vim25 [ERROR] /usr/local/cloudstack/dist/rpmbuild/BUILD/cloudstack-4.3.0/vmware-base/src/com/cloud/hypervisor/vmware/util/VmwareClient.java:[37,23] error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol:   class InvalidPropertyFaultMsg
[ERROR] location: package com.vmware.vim25

Regards

Paul Angus
Senior Consultant / Cloud Architect

[cid:image002.png@01CE1071.C6CC9C10]

S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540> | M: +4<tel:+447968161581>47711418784 | T: @CloudyAngus paul.angus@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/> | Twitter:@shapeblue<https://twitter.com/>

Our CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/> offers the best 24/7 SLA for CloudStack Environments.

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.
Glad that you figured that out.

Thanks
-min