Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Jesper Holck <ho...@knold.ballehs.dk> on 1997/08/01 04:08:03 UTC

Re: config/928: httpd cannot start, apparently because it is unable to open the scoreboard file

The following reply was made to PR config/928; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jesper Holck <ho...@knold.ballehs.dk> (by way of Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.org>)
To: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: config/928: httpd cannot start, apparently because it is
  unable to open the scoreboard file
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 14:51:48 -0700

 brian@hyperreal.org wrote:

 > Synopsis: httpd cannot start, apparently because it is unable to open
 > the scoreboard file
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
 > State-Changed-By: brian
 > State-Changed-When: Mon Jul 28 19:58:09 PDT 1997
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > What are the permissions on the directory
 > /usr/local/etc/apache/logs/?

 drwxrwxr-x  2 httpd        1024 Jul 28 22:09 logs

 The httpd-daemon is running as user httpd, member of group www, of which

 root also is a member.

 > Also, could you show us the compile-time flags to GCC, both
 > for 1.3a1 and 1.2?

 I'll list what I believe to be the relevant parts of the two Makefiles:

 Makefile (1.3a1):

 ###############
 EXTRA_CFLAGS=
 EXTRA_LDFLAGS=