Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/19 17:08:30 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Alan Cabrera has been appointed as the new PMC Chair of the Geronimo Project

All,

Due to lack of time, in the last few months, I've found it very
difficult to contribute and stay on top of Geronimo activities. So,
last month I informed the PMC that I would like to step down as the
PMC Chair of the Geronimo Project.

The Geronimo PMC nominated Alan Cabrera to become the new PMC Chair.
Today, I'm happy to announce that the ASF Board (at this month's
meeting) officially appointed Alan to be the new PMC Chair of the
Geronimo Project.

Congratulations Alan!

Jarek

p.s. To all the PMC members, committers, contributors, and users that
made my life easier as PMC chair - thank you!

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Alan Cabrera has been appointed as the new PMC Chair of the Geronimo Project

Posted by Sandip Ghayal <sg...@yahoo.com>.
Congratulations Alan.

I would love to see geronimo rewritten and built into lean mean j2ee app server.

Cheers,

Sandip

---- Alan D. Cabrera wrote ----

Posted by Zhi Xie <da...@gmail.com>.
Alan. If we continue to use Tomcat as geronimo's web container, could we
consider to upgrade Tomcat first. Geronimo has missed a lot of security
patches from Tomcat community. Do you have any comment about geronimo's web
container?

--
Best Regards
Gary

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Alan Cabrera has been appointed as the new PMC Chair of the Geronimo Project

Posted by Sandip Ghayal <sg...@yahoo.com>.
Congratulations Alan.

Posted by Zhi Xie <da...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Alan!

--
Best Regards
Gary

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Alan Cabrera has been appointed as the new PMC Chair of the Geronimo Project

Posted by Jay McHugh <ja...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Alan!

Posted by Hendrik Dev <he...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Alan.