Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Roman Agapkin <ro...@swipe.de> on 2007/09/21 09:59:11 UTC

Adding classes to an application run in tomcat

Hello,

My webapplication is running in a tomcat and is normally deployed to the
webapps folder.
I'm programming some extensions for this application.
My classes and xml files are in my eclipse workspace.

Question: can I add them to the application without bundling to a jar file?
Would be nice to see the changes on the flow.
Something like tomcat classpath?

best regards,

Roman

RE: Adding classes to an application run in tomcat

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Roman Agapkin [mailto:roman.agapkin@swipe.de]
> Subject: Adding classes to an application run in tomcat
>
> Question: can I add them to the application without bundling
> to a jar file?

Yes - put them in WEB-INF/classes, as documented in the servlet spec
(JSR 154).

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.