Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Shah Altaf <me...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/04 19:13:19 UTC

DAG description parameter

Hi all,

Over time a DAG list can grow and it would be useful to have a description
next to the DAGs.  I spotted a description parameter in the DAG definition

https://airflow.incubator.apache.org/code.html#airflow.models.DAG

   - *description* (*string*) – The description for the DAG to e.g. be
   shown on the webserver

But I can't find where this is shown.  Is there a way to have it appear on
the main DAG list page?

Apologies if this has been answered already, my google-fu picked up
nothing.

Re: DAG description parameter

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
It should be in v1.7.1.3.

Max

Posted by manish ranjan <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marc Bollinger <ma...@lumoslabs.com>.
We somehow just noticed this a few weeks ago when pondering how best to get
more documentation into our DAGs, and just started using the heck out of it.

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
Also note this feature:

Posted by Shah Altaf <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amit Pahwa <am...@amitpahwa.com>.