Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/27 01:41:37 UTC

Fwd: Podling forward needed: Tracks for ApacheCon Europe - Project Proposals needed

FYI

Thoughts ?

Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 18:40:19 +0100 (BST)
From: Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>
To: pmcs@apache.org
Subject: Tracks for ApacheCon Europe - Project Proposals needed

Hi All

As you hopefully all know, we are holding our first ApacheCon Europe in a
few years this November in Germany. We are aiming to open the Call for
Papers (CFP) very soon (a week or two!), but before we do we need something
from projects that would like to get involved. That is, we want to work out
the tracks before opening the CFP.

Several projects have already expressed an interest in holding a track, via
the apachecon-discuss[1] mailing list, which is wonderful! We have a number
of great proposals there, but not all projects have volunteers on that
list, so now is the chance for all the other projects who'd like to have
talks at ApacheCon Europe to get involved!

At this point, we're looking for proposals from projects / groups of
projects for a track. We need to know what it would be, which projects will
be involved, and who from the projects will be available to help with talk
selection etc. This is quite similar to what we've done recently, though
perhaps a little more structured this year.

If your project / cluster of projects would like to have a track, please
let us know the details via the form at:
<http://s.apache.org/**ACEUTracks<http://s.apache.org/ACEUTracks>

Please fill out the form soon (within a week if possible), so we can get
the CFP open as soon as possible!

If you have any questions, the best place to ask is the
apachecon-discuss[1] mailing list.

Once we have the track proposals, we'll feed them into the CFP system, then
open up the CFP! Those keen to speak may wish to start drafting their talk
submissions in preparation!

Thanks
Nick

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.**org/mod_mbox/www-apachecon-**discuss/<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-apachecon-discuss/>