Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Sujee Maniyam <su...@sujee.net> on 2012/09/26 00:28:28 UTC

need some help : compiling latest hadoop from source

HI
I am following this
http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/2011/04/14/building-an-hadoop-0-20-x-version-for-hbase-0-90-2/

How ever the latest hadoop is using  mvn.  Just wanted to verify that I am
doing the right thing

The following completed successfully.
# git clone http://git.apache.org/hadoop-common.git
# cd hadoop-common
# mvn compile
# mvn package -Pdist -DskipTests -Dtar

is this the final output?
     ./hadoop-dist/target/hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
      or
     ./hadoop-dist/target/hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz

I am familiar with hadoop-1.0 dir structure, this one seems to be a bit
different.

thanks for your help

regards
Sujee Maniam
http://sujee.net

Re: need some help : compiling latest hadoop from source

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
You're doing the right thing. The
./hadoop-dist/target/hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz is the trunk tarball
you'll want to deploy.

--
Harsh J

Re: need some help : compiling latest hadoop from source

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Sujee,

Yes. During the course of 0.21 and 0.22, the project repos underwent a
split at the global repo level. For 0.23 (and thereby 2.x) we've gone
back to hosting projects under the single, common repository itself
(as was in past).

--
Harsh J

Re: need some help : compiling latest hadoop from source

Posted by Sujee Maniyam <su...@sujee.net>.
thank you!