Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Omar Atia <om...@its.ws> on 2011/12/16 14:05:59 UTC

Statistics camel Jconsole ...

Dear All,

Please let me know if we have more statistics like the one using Java console , I need to know which exchange id has failed , shall I enable tracing in camel to do that ? I need graphical user interface.

Is there any statistical console like Java console to enable this and give me more statistical information .

I need to have more power and monitoring to make performance testing using Camel and apache Open source projects (CXF ,spring etc...)..

Thanks,
Omar Atia

Re: Statistics camel Jconsole ...

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Omar Atia <om...@its.ws> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Please let me know if we have more statistics like the one using Java console , I need to know which exchange id has failed , shall I enable tracing in camel to do that ? I need graphical user interface.

You got the stats what the jconsole shows.
You can use the event notifier as well which emits events, such as
when an exchange have failed. Then you can grab the exchange id, and
do whatever you want.

For GUI tools then there is many commercial vendors which offers
monitoring tooling. There is also some open source tools such as
nagios and whatnot.

> Is there any statistical console like Java console to enable this and give me more statistical information .

Camel offers JMX to gain access to stats.
There is a camel-web component which offers a REST API, but it does
not offer as many stats as JMX.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Statistics camel Jconsole ...

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Omar Atia <om...@its.ws> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Please let me know if we have more statistics like the one using Java console , I need to know which exchange id has failed , shall I enable tracing in camel to do that ? I need graphical user interface.

A good idea about the which exchange id has failed. We should add that
detail to the standard set of stats we have.

I created a ticket to track that

--
Claus Ibsen