Posted to user@drill.apache.org by "Lee, David" <Da...@blackrock.com> on 2017/09/21 15:10:46 UTC

How to setup a S3 Storage Plugin Setup using a Proxy Server

Anyone had success setting this up? I have to use a proxy server to get through the corporate firewall.

Testing against a public bucket that doesn't require AWS credentials.

I've tried setting HTTP_PROXY in drill-env.sh, but it doesn't seem to work.

This message may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately and delete this message. See http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/compliance/email-disclaimers for further information.  Please refer to http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/compliance/privacy-policy for more information about BlackRock’s Privacy Policy.

For a list of BlackRock's office addresses worldwide, see http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/about-us/contacts-locations.

© 2017 BlackRock, Inc. All rights reserved.

Re: How to setup a S3 Storage Plugin Setup using a Proxy Server

Posted by Terry Schutte <ts...@gmail.com>.
Have you tried setting fs.s3a.proxy.host in the storage plugin
configuration or possibly core-site.xml?   I'm assuming it honors all
available s3a options here https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hadoop-aws/
tools/hadoop-aws/index.html.