Posted to builds@apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/27 11:14:19 UTC

Build nodes labels

Hello,

Are there any rules/agreements regarding build node labels?
In our configs we have restriction to run on 'ubuntu' (we had issues
Sun/Solaris build nodes in the past)

I have noticed weird thing:
1) our builds are waiting for free node with label 'ubuntu'
2) there are lots of idle/offline nodes with name 'ubuntu-XX' with no label
'ubuntu' (ubuntu-1, ubuntu-4, ubuntu-6, ubuntu-us1 ...)

Is it done on purpose? Maybe ubuntu-XX machines should be labeled 'ubuntu'?

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Build nodes labels

Posted by Daniel Pono Takamori <po...@apache.org>.
We've encountered this bug with jobs not scheduling before, but I've
bounced Jenkins and jobs are building again.  Hopefully we can uncover
whether this is an upstream bug or something in our own setup soon.
Thanks for letting us know :)

Re: Build nodes labels

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.