Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ben Dotte <bd...@widen.com> on 2007/04/25 20:09:37 UTC

Couple OGNL 2.7 questions

We've been working with the latest 4.1.2 snapshots and OGNL 2.7
snapshots for about a week now and things seem to be working a lot
better than they were. There are still plenty of places where OGNL is
broken but thankfully the failsafe feature seems to handle most of these
situations. I have a couple questions about that though:

1. Is it possible to suppress the OGNL failsafe stack traces that get
output to the console? I can understand why this is done so people will
report the OGNL bugs but given the volume of these that we see it makes
our console unusable when we need it for other things.

2. I can't seem to get the OGNL Jira system to send me any notifications
about anything. If a bug I reported is commented on, resolved, or
closed, I don't get any e-mail about it. I have even tried Watching my
own cases but still nothing. Is this just me or is there some setting on
the Jira system that needs to be fixed by an administrator?

Thanks,
Ben

Re: Couple OGNL 2.7 questions

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Yep, that jira not sending mails was a huge wtf...
I remember seeing that my issues were resolved two weeks after jesse had
fixed them!

On 4/25/07, Ben Dotte <bd...@widen.com> wrote:

> Great, please let us know how to suppress the stack traces once you have
> it checked in. As far as I can tell there is no way to control the log
> output because it is directly calling t.printStackTrace(), sending the
> output to System.err (HivemindExpressionCompiler.java lines 165 and
> 212):
>
> try {
>         classFab.addMethod(Modifier.PUBLIC, valueGetter, getBody);
> } catch (Throwable t) {
>
>         t.printStackTrace();
>
>         generateFailSafe(context, expression, root);
>         return;
> }
>
> Wouldn't you need to be using the _log logger on there instead of
> t.printStackTrace() in order to suppress these?
>
> If you get the Jira e-mails working that would be great too; I wouldn't
> have to check the system every day to see what has happened :)
>
> Thanks again,
> Ben

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer