Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org> on 2009/06/15 22:49:44 UTC

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3269

See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3269/

Re: Hudson build is back to stable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3296

Posted by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org>.
nice one Sidney ;)

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3296/

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3295

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3295/

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3294

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3294/changes

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3293

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3293/

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3292

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3292/

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3291

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3291/changes

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3290

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3290/

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3289

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3289/

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3288

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3288/changes

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3287

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3287/changes

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3286

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3286/changes

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3285

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3285/

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3284

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3284/changes

Re: Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3283

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
I opened bug 6138 for this, checked in a fix in SATest.pm and closed the
bug. We should know in an hour or so how Hudson fares with the build
triggered by this checkin.

  -- sidney

Re: Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3283

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
Looking back through the svn logs I didn't find any other example of a
loadplugin in a *.pre using the optional second filename argument. It
may be that we have never had the situation before in which the .pm file
for a plugin was supposed to be copied from rulesrc and loaded in the
pre file.

  -- sidney

Mystery solved [Was: Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3283]

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
This doesn't fix the problem but it does explain some things.

http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3096/testReport/make_test/t_basic_lint_t/test______1/

The build test has been failing in this way ever since the loadplugin
for EmailBL.pm was added to v330.pre in the test. What is different is
that Hudson is reporting it as an unstable build instead of treating it
as OK.

This still leaves open the question as to what changed in the Hudson
build on June 12 when it started getting noisy about this failure, and
it certainly leaves open the question as to what to do about it, but at
least that is one part of it cleared up.

I still would like to know what the t/log/localrules.tmp/ dirctory is
supposed to do that is different from t/log/test_rules_copy/.

  -- sidney

Re: Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3283

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
Justin Mason wrote, On 18/6/09 11:24 PM:
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 12:18, Sidney Markowitz<si...@sidney.com> wrote:
>> Justin Mason wrote, On 18/6/09 10:25 PM:
>>> hmm. that sounds like the process of "compiling" it from the rulesrc
>>> sandbox into rules, and then into t/log/localrules.tmp , is going
>>> awry.

I see where rules are copied into t/log/test_rules_copy and where *.pre
is copied into t/log/localrules.tmp, but I don't see any place that has
anything to do with copying rules into t/log/localrules.tmp even though
the directory name does make it sound like that's what it was made for.

v330.pre contains a loadplugin that specifies loading EmailBL.pm from
the same directory as the v330.pre file that is being run. All of the
*.pre and the rules *.pm files are in t/log/test_rules_copy already. If
I suppress the copying of *pre from there to t/log/localrules.tmp then
there are no files in t/log/localrules.tmp but all those *.pre files get
loaded and run from t/log/test_rules_copy and everything works ok.

So what is the point of t/log/localrules.tmp?

>> I tried backing out to revision 783698 and it still failed the same way

I went even further and used svn export -r 783698 into a new directory
to get rev 783698 trunk, then deleted trunk/ruleserc, then used svn
export -r 783698 to get that older revision of it. That failed the same
way. I don't understand how the build did not start failing when EmailBL
was first added.

  -- sidney

Re: Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3283

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
Justin Mason wrote, On 18/6/09 11:24 PM:
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 12:18, Sidney Markowitz<si...@sidney.com> wrote:
>> Justin Mason wrote, On 18/6/09 10:25 PM:
>>> hmm. that sounds like the process of "compiling" it from the rulesrc
>>> sandbox into rules, and then into t/log/localrules.tmp , is going
>>> awry.

At what point is it supposed to end up in t/log/localrules.tmp?

>> I tried backing out to revision 783698 and it still failed the same way. But
>> I'm not convinced that the external pull of rulesrc honors the revision
>> number I specified by saying svn update -r 783698
>>
>> In fact, I don't see how it could be affected by the -r option.
>
> with externals you have to to a _separate_ svn update command on the
> rulesrc dir.
> I can't wait to get rid of that ;)

I tried doing an svn update -r 783698 in spamassassin/trunk, and then in
spamassassin/rules/trunk, and then in spamassassin/trunk/rulesrc, and
then I did make distclean; perl Makefile.PL; make; make test

I still got the failure.

  -- sidney

Re: Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3283

Posted by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org>.
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 12:18, Sidney Markowitz<si...@sidney.com> wrote:
> Justin Mason wrote, On 18/6/09 10:25 PM:
>>
>> hmm. that sounds like the process of "compiling" it from the rulesrc
>> sandbox into rules, and then into t/log/localrules.tmp , is going
>> awry.
>
> I tried backing out to revision 783698 and it still failed the same way. But
> I'm not convinced that the external pull of rulesrc honors the revision
> number I specified by saying svn update -r 783698
>
> In fact, I don't see how it could be affected by the -r option.

with externals you have to to a _separate_ svn update command on the
rulesrc dir.
I can't wait to get rid of that ;)

--j.

Re: Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3283

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.

Posted by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org>.

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.

Posted by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org>.
it's an issue with a recently-added test plugin; there's a comment on
the ticket about it.  hopefully someone is looking into it ;)

--j.

Posted by Michael Monnerie <mi...@is.it-management.at>.

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3283/

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3282

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3282/

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3281

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3281/

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3280

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3280/

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3279

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3279/changes

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3278

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3278/

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3277

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3277/changes

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3275

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3275/

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3274

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3274/

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3273

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3273/

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3272

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3272/changes

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3271

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3271/

Hudson build is still unstable: SpamAssassin-trunk #3270

Posted by Apache Hudson Server <hu...@hudson.zones.apache.org>.
See http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/SpamAssassin-trunk/3270/