Posted to dev@tubemq.apache.org by tison <wa...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/09 02:39:02 UTC

[DISCUSS] Prefer rebase and merge for patch/pr

Hi developers,

Recently I notice that the commit history contains a number of merge
commits. Per the discussion
of commit title commit IMO we prefer rebase (possibly squash) and merge
instead of merging with
a merge commit.

If there is no objection I'm going to document the standard on our wiki
page as

HowToDevelop/Merging Pull Requests

.

Open to thoughts.

Best,
tison.

Re: [DISCUSS] Prefer rebase and merge for patch/pr

Posted by kaynewu <ka...@apache.org>.
+1

tison <wa...@gmail.com> 于2020年1月9日周四 上午10:39写道:

答复: [DISCUSS] Prefer rebase and merge for patch/pr(Internet mail)

Posted by "osgooli (李致波)" <os...@tencent.com>.
+1

Posted by lamber liu <la...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your update!

Best,
tison.

Guangxu Cheng <gx...@apache.org> 于2020年1月10日周五 下午1:11写道:

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

The page has been created[1].

Please comments on the mailing list or the page with your thoughts.

Best,
tison.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUBEMQ/Merging+Pull+Requests

tison <wa...@gmail.com> 于2020年1月9日周四 下午1:36写道:

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Guangxu Cheng <gx...@apache.org>.
Hi tison,

--
Best Regards
Guangxu

Re: [DISCUSS] Prefer rebase and merge for patch/pr

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
@Guangxu,

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@gmail.com>.
+1