Posted to dev@pirk.apache.org by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@apache.org> on 2016/08/30 15:50:49 UTC

Website Updates - Please Review

Hi,

Given that it's generally a mess to put website updates through the PR
system (due to the large number of auxiliary files changed - in the
hundreds...), I have made several updates to the Apache Pirk website and am
posting the list here so that folks can easily take a look and review. I'm
more than happy to make edits to the pages today as needed. If there is a
better way to do this, please let me know.

   - Making Releases page updated to reflect our current release process:
   http://pirk.incubator.apache.org/releasing
   <http://pirk.incubator.apache.org/releasing>
   - Keys link fixed from this page: http://pirk.incubator.
   apache.org/downloads/ (fixes PIRK-60)
   - News bar updated to reflect the first release: http://pirk.
   incubator.apache.org/ (as well as the corresponding 'News' page
   http://pirk.incubator.apache.org/news
   <http://pirk.incubator.apache.org/news>)
   - Javadocs updated: http://pirk.incubator.apache.org/javadocs/
   - How to Contribute page updated to reflect license and notice checks:
   http://pirk.incubator.apache.org/how_to_contribute
   <http://pirk.incubator.apache.org/how_to_contribute>

Thanks!

Ellison Anne

Re: Website Updates - Please Review

Posted by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@apache.org>.
Each time I had to rollback (yes, there were many - lol), I had already
executed 'mvn -Psigned_release release:perform' (go big or go home...or
rollback).

The way that the release instructions are currently written on the webpage,
the artifacts are validated after they have been pushed to the Nexus repo -
hence, necessitating the (2) set of steps outlined. To avoid a re-write of
the release and validation steps, I would prefer to leave it as-is for now.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@apache.org>.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.
Never mind, i see that this has been taken care of.. sorry!!

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
On 30/08/16 16:50, Ellison Anne Williams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Given that it's generally a mess to put website updates through the PR
> system (due to the large number of auxiliary files changed - in the
> hundreds...), I have made several updates to the Apache Pirk website and am
> posting the list here so that folks can easily take a look and review. I'm
> more than happy to make edits to the pages today as needed. If there is a
> better way to do this, please let me know.
>
>    - Making Releases page updated to reflect our current release process:
>    http://pirk.incubator.apache.org/releasing
>    <http://pirk.incubator.apache.org/releasing>
>    - Keys link fixed from this page: http://pirk.incubator.
>    apache.org/downloads/ (fixes PIRK-60)
>    - News bar updated to reflect the first release: http://pirk.
>    incubator.apache.org/ (as well as the corresponding 'News' page
>    http://pirk.incubator.apache.org/news
>    <http://pirk.incubator.apache.org/news>)
>    - Javadocs updated: http://pirk.incubator.apache.org/javadocs/
>    - How to Contribute page updated to reflect license and notice checks:
>    http://pirk.incubator.apache.org/how_to_contribute
>    <http://pirk.incubator.apache.org/how_to_contribute>
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ellison Anne

I took a quick scan of the new page(s) and they look good.  I'll follow
through in more detail later.

Regards,
Tim