Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com> on 2001/03/23 08:48:22 UTC

committed Ruth's mods to JAXP-enable Apache SOAP

I finally committed Ruth's mods to JAXPize Apache SOAP. Thanks Ruth!!

Some of the mods were made by hand because the files had changed since
Ruth did the changes. I have also not updated the samples yet (Ruth
didn't do them ..) and there seem to be quite a few XercesLiaison's
in use. Argh. Can someone else do it please? The mod is simple (thanx
to a utility that Ruth did):

- add imports:
    import javax.xml.parsers.*;
    import org.xml.sax.*;

- change:
    XMLParserLiaison xpl = new XercesParserLiaison ();
  to:
    DocumentBuilder xdb = new XMLParserUtils.getXMLDocBuilder();

- change:
    Document doc = xpl.read ("some string", java.io.Reader);
  to:
    Document doc = xdb.parser (new InputSource (java.io.Reader));

- change:
    Document doc = xpl.createDocument ();
  to:
    Document doc = xdb.newDocument ();

I've only tested JAXP with Xerces 1.3.0. Can some others folks please
test your favorite parser's JAXP support?

That's it!

Sanjiva.