Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Imre András Róbert <im...@mail.tvnet.hu> on 2007/02/17 18:31:34 UTC

ofbiz based inventory solution

Hi,

I see that ofbiz can provide inventory management for facilities.
I also see that some type of scanners are supported in the POS
client.

I presume scanners can be used for product inventory management
purposes too. (E.g. adding ten gizmos to inventory upon arrival
via scanning the barcode.)

For this I need to separate scanner handling functionality
from POS. Can anyone give me directions on this?

Does anyone have real-life experience about scanner support
and customization (tweaking settings to get a certain type
of scanner to work)?

Thanks,
  András

Re: ofbiz based inventory solution

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
András,

I want to make some documentation in Dashboard about that for months now. This uses JavaPOS functionnalties and is very specific to
your hardware.
But I guess you will find enough information in jpos.xml. Please look for "Generic Keyboard Wedge Scanner Device" and refer to your
scanner documentation.
This works also with USB scanner. For JavaPOS information all is in : http://www.javapos.com/
Currently we use version 1.8 of JavaPOS (even if sometimes you see 1.7 or else).
You may also have a look in ScannerKybService.java and in Scanner.java processScanData has also some informations.

Jacques